FT-Raman Determination of Melamine and Melamine Cyanurate in Nylon
Abstract:Melamine and melamine cyanurate are often added to nylon to improve both the flame resistance and the mechanical properties of the resin. This is accomplished by extruding a mixture of nylon, melamine, and cyanuric acid. Cyanuric acid is converted to melamine cyanurate by reaction with melamine during the extrusion process. In the product the total additives are typically about 10% by weight.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-3006
Publication date: April 1, 1994
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites