Application of an Optical Beam Condenser for UV-Vis Spectral Studies on Monoclinic LnPO4 Single Crystals
Abstract:The application of an optical beam condenser was made for the purpose of measuring Judd-Ofelt intensity parameters, τλ, on single crystals of monoclinic lanthanide orthophosphates, LnPO4. Intensity parameters were calculated from absorbance data obtained with the beam condenser on crystals having cross sections and pathlengths in the range of 3.0 to 5.0 mm2 and 0.4 to 0.8 mm, respectively. Interpretation of the results related to the environment of the lanthanide ion as well as the crystal structure is presented.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Baylor University, Waco, Texas 76798
Publication date: March 1, 1994
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites