Determination of the Principal Direction of Molecular Orientation in FT-IR Measurement Using Two Polarizers
Abstract:An optical arrangement using two polarizers is proposed for FT-IR measurement of orientation. Compared with conventional FT-IR using a single polarizer, the new arrangement provides much better discrimination in searching for the principal directions of orientation.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Becton Dickinson Research Center, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Publication date: December 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites