S/N Enhancement of Raman Spectra Using an Interactive Filter
Abstract:The use of an interactive filter for smoothing Raman spectra is described. It is applied by fitting a polynomial to a limited range of data in a spectrum using the least-squares criterion. It provides a variable band-pass with very sharp cutoff without generating ringing artifacts. Its use is demonstrated in tailoring of the filter bandpass to the requirements of individual spectral features, in detection of weak peaks in a noisy spectrum, and in detection of minor component signals when these are superimposed on major component signals.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-3006
Publication date: November 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites