Photoionization Mass Spectrometry of C60 and C70 with a Vacuum Ultraviolet Hydrogen Laser Source
Abstract:A time-of-flight mass spectrum of the C60 and C70 fullerenes with the use of a vacuum ultraviolet H2 laser photoionization source is presented. The photon energy is 7.8 eV, approximately 0.2 eV above the reported ion thresholds of both molecules. This relatively low excess energy is believed to be insufficient for fragmentation, as demonstrated by production of only parent ions.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: November 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites