Collinear Photothermal Deflection Spectroscopy of Liquid Samples at Varying Temperature
Abstract:The method of photothermal beam deflection was demonstrated for measuring the absorption spectrum of an aqueous Nd3+ solution at temperatures between 25°C and 90°C. Changes in the magnitude of the observed deflection can be correlated with the temperature dependence of both the absorptivity of the Nd3+ ions and the physical properties of the solvent, most notably the thermo-optic coefficient dn/dT.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: October 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites