Average Dielectric Constant of Coated Spheres: Application to the IR Absorption Spectra of NiO and MgO
Abstract:An analytical expression has been obtained for the average dielectric constant of a sample consisting of small coated spheres interspersed in a matrix, by solving the static boundary value problem and averaging the values of the electric field and polarization over the whole of the sample. Absorption IR data of MgO and NiO samples of this kind, produced by spray pyrolysis, embedded in a KBr matrix, are presented, and the theory developed is employed to fit the observed spectra.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales, C.S.I.C., c. Serrano 115 dpdo., 28006 Madrid, Spain
Publication date: August 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites