Simple Refraction Law for Uniaxial Anisotropic Absorbing Media
Abstract:In anisotropic media, there exist ordinary and extraordinary rays. Until now, there has been no simple refraction law like Snell's law for the extraordinary ray. In this study, with the Fresnel model, we made a simple refraction law applicable to both ordinary and extraordinary rays, though it is limited for uniaxial media. The obtained formula could explain the differences between the two rays and would be very useful in extending the traditional isotropic electromagnetic theories to the uniaxial anisotropic electromagnetic theories.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto-Fu 611, Japan
Publication date: March 1, 1993
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites