Opticopyrometric Determination of Temperature in an Ar ICP
Abstract:The temperature/spatial profile of an Ar ICP has been obtained by two-color infrared (IR) optical pyrometry. The temperatures range from 1668 to 2543 K, depending upon position and radio frequency (rf) input power. Results show at powers of 1.5 to 2.0 kW that the spatial dependence of the temperature closely resembles the spatial dependence of electron number density, suggesting that the electron number density plays an important role in determining the thermodynamic temperature.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0172
Publication date: July 1, 1991
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites