The Use of a Near-Infrared Array Detector for Raman Spectroscopy Beyond One Micron
Abstract:The performance characteristics of a multielement Ge array detector have been measured. The effects of read noise and dark signal on signal integration have been evaluated. The performance of this array for Raman spectroscopy with excitation at one micron has been compared with FT-Raman spectroscopy. It is an excellent detector for narrow-spectral-bandwidth Raman studies, and the sensitivity compares favorably with that for FT-Raman techniques.
Document Type: Rapid Communication
Publication date: July 1, 1991
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites