New Organic Scintillators with Large Stokes Shifts
Abstract:Four new scintillators were synthesized on the basis of 1-phenyl-3-mesityl-2-pyrazoline in order to obtain a series of dopants with large Stokes shifts for application in ionizing particle counting. Absorption and emission spectra, light yield, quantum efficiency, decadic extinction coefficients, and absorption lengths of their toluene solutions were measured and compared to results for p-terphenyl (+ POPOP) and 3-HF, which have already been applied for particle detection.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 1991
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites