Comparison of Photoacoustic, Attenuated Total Reflection, and Transmission Infrared Spectra of Crystalline Organoiron(II) Carbonyl Complexes
Abstract:Photoacoustic (PA), attenuated total reflection (ATR), and transmission IR spectra of the solid organoiron(II) complexes, CpFe(CO)2I and [CpFe(CO)2 R]BF4 (Cp = n 5-C5H5; R = C2H4, CH2CMe2, 3-Me-thiophene), have been recorded at room temperature in the near-, mid-, and far-IR regions. Vibrational assignments are proposed for most of the observed bands including those in the binary overtone and combination regions. The relative intensities of the peaks in the different spectral regions indicate that PAS is the most sensitive in the near-IR region, affording good information on binary v CO and v CH overtones and combinations, while ATR spectroscopy leads to the most intense peaks in the far-IR region.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, McGill University, 801 Sherbrooke St. West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2K6, Canada
Publication date: February 1, 1991
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites