Physicochemical Interactions of the Isomers of Aminobenzoic Acid with Sodium Acetate in Solid-Matrix Room-Temperature Luminescence Spectroscopy
Abstract:The room-temperature fluorescence and room-temperature phosphorescence quantum yields of the isomers of aminobenzoic acid adsorbed on sodium acetate were obtained. These data were correlated with solution fluorescence data and diffuse reflectance infrared spectral data from the three isomers. The results yielded insights into the bonding interactions of the aminobenzoic acid isomers with sodium acetate. In particular, the specific structural and bonding characteristics of the isomers with sodium acetate were very important in determining whether a high room-temperature phosphorescence quantum yield would be obtained from a given isomer.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Chemistry Department, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071
Publication date: November 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites