Investigation of the Complexation of Pyrene and Naphthalene with Hydroxypropyl-β-Cyclodextrin
Abstract:The complexation of the now commercially available chemically modified cyclodextrin hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin with pyrene and naphthalene is compared against the unmodified β-cyclodextrin with the use of fluorescence measurements. A pronounced difference in the complexation properties of the two cyclodextrins is observed for the interaction with both pyrene and naphthalene.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Publication date: November 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites