Solution Infrared Spectra of Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
Abstract:The solution infrared spectra of cellulose acetate butyrates (CABs) have been collected in three solvents. The relative merits of each solvent are presented with regard to the spectral information obtained about CAB. In addition, correlations between absorbances at 1235 cm−1 and 1176 cm−1 in acetonitrile and the acetyl and butyryl content of the CAB have been developed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0212
Publication date: July 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites