Infrared Spectra of Tetramethylammonium Halides
Abstract:Infrared spectra of tetramethylammonium (TMA) halides are discussed with an emphasis on perturbations of the hydrogen vibrational motions caused by anion effects in aqueous solution. The fully deuterated molecule is included in the discussion. The effect of halide anion concentration on the C-H stretching region of the IR spectrum is presented. It is concluded that hydrogen bonding is not the cause of the shift of the wavenumber of these modes.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: The Dow Chemical Company, Analytical Research Group, 463 Building, P.O. Box 1398, Pittsburg, California 94565
Publication date: May 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites