Infrared and Raman Spectra of Trimesonitrile-14N3 and Trimesonitrile-15N3
Abstract:Trimesonitrile-14N3 and trimesonitrile-15N3 containing 99% nitrogen-15 were synthesized and their IR and Raman spectra recorded, both in solid phase and dissolved. The data obtained were used to assign the vibrational spectra of the two molecules on the basis of a D 3h symmetry. We also used the MINDO/3 and AM1 methods to calculate a semi-empirical force field for both compounds after optimizing their molecular geometry by each method.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Málaga, 29071 Málaga, Spain
Publication date: May 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites