Fiber Structure Study by Polarized Infrared Attenuated Total Reflection Spectroscopy
Abstract:Attenuated total reflection (ATR) spectroscopy has been shown to eliminate many of the difficulties encountered in the past with the sample presentation for infrared analysis. Yarn orientation behavior at different draw ratios was studied by analysis of polarized Infrared spectra. The data demonstrate that the α conformation increases with drawing for nylon 6,6 fibers. The chain conformation and crystallite orientation which occur during drawing of nylon 6,6 fibers are also demonstrated. The structural changes observed by the present technique seem to agree well with x-ray diffraction data.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Monsanto Chemical Company, Pensacola, Florida 32575
Publication date: February 1, 1990
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites