Improved Sample Holder for Internal Reflection Infrared Spectroscopy
Abstract:A sample clamp and prism holder have been made to improve the contact between sample and prism surfaces for quantitative internal reflection infrared spectroscopy. The efficacy of the clamp design was checked with several automotive paint samples by measuring the clamp pressure at which maximum band absorbance and constant absorbance ratios were achieved.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Analytical Chemistry Department, General Motors Research Laboratories, 30500 Mound Road, Warren, Michigan 48090
Publication date: November 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites