Quantitative Measurements of Adsorbed Aminosilanes on Muscovite Mica Using Diffuse Reflectance Infrared Fourier Transform Spectroscopy
Abstract:A method for quantitative analysis of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane (γ-APS) and N-(N-vinylbenzy1-2-aminoethyl)-3-aminopropyltrimethoxysilane hydrochloride (cationic vinylbenzyl silane, CVBS) on muscovite mica powder has been developed with the use of diffuse reflectance FT-IR spectroscopy. The adsorption isotherms determined by this method are reported. The results are compared with a previous study of the adsorption of aminosilanes by ESCA, and possible models of the adsorbed layer are discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Institute for Surface Chemistry, Box 5607, 114 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Publication date: September 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites