Simultaneous Detection of Optical Isomers and the Separation of Overlapping Resonances in a 1H NMR Spectrum of (+/-)-2,2-Dimethyl-1-Phenyl-1-Propanol Using an NMR Shift Reagent
Abstract:The enantiomer separation and the spectral simplification of overlapped resonances in a high-resolution 1H NMR spectrum of a model compound have been successfully accomplished with the use of paramagnetic shift reagent. Both 1H and 13C NMR have been applied to determine the composition of a mixture containing optically active enantiomers of (+/-)-2,2-dimethyl-1-phenyl-1-propanol.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: The BOC Group, Inc., Technical Center, Murray Hill, New Jersey 07974
Publication date: September 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites