Photoabsorption Cross Sections of Organophosphonates at 120-180 nm
Abstract:In the course of studying the reactivity of three organophosphonate compounds with air discharge products, it became desirable to determine the VUV absorption cross sections for these materials [DMMP, (CH3O)2PO(CH3); DEMP, (C2H5O)2PO(CH3); O,S-DEMP, (C2H5O)(C2H5S)PO(CH3)]. Both O2 and O2(a 1Δ g ) are conveniently monitored by VUV absorption, and it was thus necessary to determine the degree of interference that the organophosphonates might cause. To our knowledge, there is no information available on their VUV absorption below 200 nm, whereas significant O2 absorption does not take place above 175 nm.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Molecular Physics Laboratory, SRI International, Menlo Park, California 94025
Publication date: March 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites