Infrared Study of Styrene-4-Methylstyrene Copolymers
Abstract:Two types of crystalline syndiotactic polystyrene units are observed in these styrene-p-methylstyrene copolymers. The low-temperature crystalline form is observed in copolymers containing 2 weight percent or less 4-methylstyrene, and the high-temperature crystalline form is observed in copolymers containing 3 to 7 weight percent 4-methylstyrene. Quantitative analysis of styrene-4-methylstyrene copolymers can be performed with the use of infrared spectroscopy and an infrared absorption band intensity ratio technique.
Document Type: Research Article
Publication date: March 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites