Infrared and Raman Spectra of Phthalimide-15N-H and Phthalimide-15N-D
Abstract:A study of the infrared and Raman spectra of previously synthesized phthalimide-15N-H and phthalimide-15N-D has been carried out. With the new data obtained, the vibrational spectra of the phthalimide molecule in a C 2v * symmetry has been reassigned, but taking into account that the molecule in the solid state forms dimers bonded by intermolecular hydrogen bonds; these dimers have a C i symmetry. On the other hand, a semi-empiric calculation of the force fields of this molecule has been carried out by the MINDO/3-FORCE method, which required a prior optimization of the molecular geometry; the force field was transformed to the space of internal coordinates.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, 29071 Málaga, Spain
Publication date: January 1, 1989
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites