Resonant Cell Laser-Based Photoacoustic Densitometer for Thin-Layer Chromatography
Abstract:Photoacoustic spectroscopy was applied to the in situ densitometry of thin-layer chromatographic plates. Fast laser-scanning detection with signal enhancement was demonstrated at a resonant frequency of the cell. The use of phase difference between signal and background provided higher signal-to-noise ratios. Detection limit for Orange G was 170 pg, and the analytical curve was linear over three orders of magnitude.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Ames Laboratory-USDOE and Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011
Publication date: September 1, 1988
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites