Vibrational Analysis of Terephthalate and Terephthalate-d4 Ions
Abstract:Infrared and Raman spectra of the terephthalate and terephthalate-d4, ions have been obtained. Normal coordinate analysis was carried out for both ions by transferring force fields from previous work on aromatic esters and p-nitro-benzoate and then refining all the force constants for the carboxylate groups and the diagonal force constants for the benzene rings by a first-order perturbation technique. An interpretation of the observed spectra has been proposed and selected eigenvectors have been presented.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221
Publication date: March 1, 1987
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites