Ideal FT-IR Spectrometers and the Efficiency of Real Instruments
Abstract:Photon shot noise is the ultimate limit on SNR measurements of optical information. It thus represents the ultimate limit as well for an ideal FT-IR spectrometer. Calculation of this limiting performance is useful in evaluation of the performance of existing real instruments.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550
Publication date: November 1, 1986
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites