Vibrational Assignments of the Epihalohydrins
Abstract:Liquid-, solution-, solid-, and vapor-phase infrared spectral data have been recorded for the epihalohydrins. The IR data recorded of the various physical phases enables specific band assignment for both rotational isomers. The spatial configuration of the rotational isomer existing in the solid phase is different from the spatial configuration of the rotational isomer existing in the vapor phase, while both spatial configurations exist in the liquid phase or solution phase. Vibrational frequency assignments are aided by comparison with vibrational assignments for the 3-halopropynes and the 3-halopropenes. Raman data are also used in making the vibrational assignments for epichlorohydrin, epibromohydrin, and epiiodohydrin.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: The Dow Chemical Company, Analytical Laboratories, 574 Building, Midland, Michigan 48667
Publication date: August 1, 1986
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites