Far-IR Studies of Carbon Acid Complexes of 18-Crown-6
Abstract:Bands in the far-IR spectra of 18-crown-6 complexes of nitromethane, acetronitrile, and malonodinitrile are attributed to hydrogen bonding. The v σ vibrational mode is assigned for these neutral complexes. Solution studies of the complexes in CHCl3 show that a substantial amount of both the nitromethane complex and the malonodinitrile complex remains intact. The acetonitrile complex, however, appears to dissociate in CHCl3.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Publication date: January 1, 1986
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites