Force Constants for the Lattice Vibrations of Strontium Halide Hexahydrate Crystals
Abstract:In spite of the great interest in metal ion hydration, little of a quantitative nature is known about the strengths of ion-water interactions (e.g., force constants) for other than transition metal species. It seemed to us that the lattice vibrations of hydrated crystals should contain this kind of information, and the present work was undertaken to that end.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of California, Davis, California 95616
Publication date: November 1, 1982
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites