Instrumental Distortions of Raman Lines
Abstract:The effect of spectrometer resolution on the peak intensity and the full width at half maximum (FWHM) of a Lorentzian spectrum is obtained by evaluating the convoluted line shapes. Spectrometer resolution functions (SRF) having Gaussian and triangular profiles are considered separately. Empirical relations to estimate the true peak intensity and the FWHM from the observed parameters are suggested. These relations are valid over an extended range of parameters with an accuracy better than that of other methods suggested earlier. As an application, the true FWHM's and peak intensities of the main component of the Raman active Ag mode of sulphate ion in potash alum at low temperatures are evaluated.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Materials Science Laboratory, Reactor Research Centre, Kalpakkam 603 102, Tamil Nadu, India
Publication date: July 1, 1982
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites