Vibrational Spectra and Normal Coordinate Calculations of Chlorophosphazene Compounds. III. Polydichlorophosphazene
Abstract:Vibrational spectra and normal coordinate calculations of polydichlorophosphazene (PDP) are presented. The valence force field derived previously from the two conformers of octachlorocyclotetraphosphazene was directly transferred to a distorted "cis-plan" helical model of PDP without refinement. A reasonable agreement between the observed and calculated frequencies was obtained and the assignment of the normal modes of PDP is discussed.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Material Science and Engineering Department, Polymer Science Section, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
Publication date: May 1, 1982
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites