Calculation of Discharge Current Waveforms in High Voltage Spark Sources. I. Solution of Constant Parameter Model
Abstract:Equations are derived for computing the current waveform and instantaneous power dissipation in high voltage spark sources containing a branched waveshaping network. For constant or dual valued circuit parameters, examples of waveform characteristics are presented. Limitations of this constant parameter approach are discussed, and suggestions made for application of the equations for simulating nonlinear source and discharge behavior.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Publication date: January 1, 1981
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites