An X-ray Photoelectron (ESCA) and Laser Raman Spectroscopic Investigation of Aluminum Perrhenate
Abstract:Compound formation in supported heterogeneous catalysts is an area of significant interest. In the present study, Al(ReO4)3 was prepared and characterized by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and laser Raman spectroscopy. Characteristic spectra Al(ReO4)3 for are shown and compared to several rhenium reference compounds. The reduction behavior of Al(ReO4)3 is also explored; it was completely reduced to elemental rhenium in H2 at 500°C.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260
Publication date: November 1, 1980
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites