Gold Coating of Glass Tubes for Gas Chromatography/Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy "Light-Pipe" Gas Cells
Abstract:The sensitivity of gas chromatography/Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (GC/FT-IR) may be significantly improved by use of small bore gold-coated glass gas cells. This note describes the method of preparing internally gold-coated glass or quartz tubes for GC-IR applications.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Research Laboratory, College Station Road, Athens, Georgia 30605
Publication date: March 1, 1980
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites