Quantitative Analysis of α,α,α,2,4-Pentachlorotoluene and α,α,α,2,5-Pentachlorotoluene Mixtures by Carbon-13 Fourier Transform Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometry
Abstract:Extensive chlorination of aromatic substrates invariably leads to a gross mixture of positional isomers. Structural and compositional analysis of these isomeric mixtures can be quite challenging in view of the similar physical characteristics of some isomers, their heat sensitivity or nonvolatility. We have had extensive success in employing carbon-13 Fourier transform nuclear magnetic resonance (FT NMR) spectrometry to analyze such isomeric mixtures and wish to report our approach, especially the necessary precautions.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Hooker Chemicals and Plastics Corporation, Research Center, Grand Island Complex, MPO Box 8, Niagara Falls, New York 14302
Publication date: January 1, 1980
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites