Interaction between CO Stretching and Overtone of CD Out-of-plane Bending Observed in the Infrared Spectra of Deuteroformyl Compounds
Abstract:Dahlqvist and Euranto reported an apparent doubling of the infrared carbonyl stretching band of a number of alkyl deuteroformate esters. By comparison with the corresponding protioformate esters and a process of elimination, they showed that the apparent CO band at higher frequencies must be the overtone of CD out-of-plane bending ("2 × CD op be") in Fermi resonance with CO stretching ("CO st").
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Medical Chemistry Group, Australian National University, Canberra, A.C.T. 2600.
Publication date: November 1, 1979
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites