Infrared Spectra of Poly(Methyl Methacrylate) Labeled with Oxygen-18
Abstract:Fourier transform infrared spectrum of atactic poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) is compared with that of atactic PMMA labeled with 18O in the ester groups. The results obtained define the assignment of the bands associated with vibrations of the ester groups of PMMA. Furthermore, the Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy provides a simple method for obtaining the spectra of "pure" derivatives containing 18O.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Macromolecular Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Publication date: November 1, 1979
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites