Digitization Noise in Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy and Gain Ranging
Abstract:It is generally accepted that the maximum attainable signal/noise ratio in Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy is determined by the digitization noise set by the least significant bit (LSB) in the analog/digital (A/D) converter.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Block Engineering, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139; present address: Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94550
Publication date: September 1, 1979
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites