Raman Spectra of Possible Corrosion Products of Iron
Abstract:Raman spectra of FeO, Fe3O4, α-Fe2O3, α-FeOOH, and γ-FeOOH, the common products of iron oxidation, have been measured. The spectra of FeO and Fe3O4 appear to be identical. Armco iron oxidized in air at 250°C was examined by Raman spectroscopy after varying periods of exposure and the surface film was found to contain Fe3O4 and α-Fe2O3.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Chemistry, University of Rhode Island, Department of Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881
Publication date: November 1, 1978
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites