Vibrational Assignments of Organosilanetriols. II. Crystalline Phenylsilanetriol and Phenylsilanetriol-d3
Abstract:Fourier transform infrared spectra (3800 to 450 cm−1) and laser Raman spectra (4000 to 0 cm−1) of crystalline phenylsilanetriol and phenylsilanetriol-d3, and liquid state phenylsilanetriol and phenylsilanetriol-d3 are first reported. Complete band assignments are attempted. All vibrational modes of the SiOH group except for the SiC torsional mode, including the SiOH in-plane and out-of-plane bending modes, are observed. In addition to the phenylsilanetriols, infrared and laser Raman spectra of crystalline diphenylsilanediol and triphenylsilanol are also studied to aid the band assignments.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Macromolecular Science Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Publication date: September 1, 1978
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites