Vibrational Assignments of Organosilanetriols. I. Vinylsilanetriol and Vinylsilanetriol-d3 in Aqueous Solutions
Abstract:Infrared and laser Raman spectra of vinylsilanetriol and vinylsilanetriol-d3 in H2O and D2O, respectively, are reported. Complete band assignments of the silanetriol group are discussed. In addition, band assignments of the vinyl group are reexamined. Most of the related bands to silanol are very broad or weak in intensity except for the SiO stretching modes which are potentially of use for structural analysis of silane coupling agents in the presence of glass surfaces.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Macromolecular Science Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Publication date: September 1, 1978
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites