Least-squares Curve-fitting of Fourier Transform Infrared Spectra with Applications to Polymer Systems
Abstract:A method is presented for least-squares curve-fitting of Fourier transform infrared spectra. A demonstration of the determination of xylene solution compositions illustrates the accuracy of the method. Least-squares coefficients are shown to be valuable for the analysis of several polymer systems by digital subtraction of spectra.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Department of Macromolecular Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Publication date: November 1, 1977
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites