Laser Microprobe Modification for Transmitted-light Illumination
Abstract:The Jarrell-Ash Mark II laser-microprobe incorporates a microscope stage and illuminating system designed for viewing opaque samples by reflected light. An easily fabricated modification allows viewing of transparent samples by transmitted light as well. This modification, developed for the analysis of fluid inclusions in geologic thin sections, could also have application for biologic samples.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado 80225
Publication date: November 1, 1976
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites