The Determination of the Luminescence Lifetime of Dyes
Abstract:The investigation of the photochemical and photodynamic behavior of organic dyes is complicated by the fact that the fluorescence lifetime of many dyes is very short because of their high oscillator strength. The determination of fluorescence lifetime from the absorption spectrum and the quantum yield, e.g., described by Turro, leads to very inexact results.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Institut für Physikalische Chemie der Universität Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 55, 7000 Stuttgart 80, Germany
Publication date: September 1, 1976
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites