An Inexpensive Digitizer for Photomultiplier Currents
Abstract:The digitizer described has been used extensively in our spectrometric laboratory over the past 3 years. It was mostly used in conjunction with 5-V TTL-equipped counters and associated logic in homebased spectrophotometers, airborne airglow photometers, and antarctic-based auroral photometers. To form an organic unit with these systems it was designed to operate from the stabilized 5-V supply of these systems. Fig. 1 shows the circuit employed, which operates as follows.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Merensky Institute for Physics, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch 7600, Republic of South Africa
Publication date: January 1, 1976
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites