Factor Group Analysis for Some Common Minerals
Abstract:During the course of the presentation of a series of lectures on solid state selection rules, it became apparent that no compilation of such rules was available in one literature site for some of the most common minerals. Although sufficient information is available for anyone interested in minerals to develop factor group calculations, it was felt that nevertheless a useful purpose would be served in providing one source for these selection rules. As a result, these selection rules have been developed, and the results are tabulated in Table I. The correlation method has been used for the k = 0 portion of the Brillouin zone of the crystal. The primitive unit cell is used in the development.
Document Type: Short Communication
Affiliations: Chemistry Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois 60439
Publication date: September 1, 1975
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites