X-ray Spectrometric Analysis of Plutonium-Zirconium Alloys
Abstract:An x-ray spectrometric method for analyzing binary plutonium-zirconium alloys containing 1 to 25 wt% Zr has been developed. The alloys are analyzed as solutions in 8 M nitric acid. Yttrium is added as an internal standard. The techniques involved in handling and containing the radioactive solutions in conventional liquid cells are described in detail. No modifications to the x-ray spectrometer are required. Adaptations of this method have been used for the analysis of binary plutonium-gallium and plutonium-uranium alloys.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, University of California, Livermore, California 94550
Publication date: March 1, 1975
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites