On Line Infrared Identification of Gas Chromatography Effluents
Abstract:On-line infrared spectra obtained with the Norcon RS-1 gas chromatographic identifier are of sufficient quality for qualitative identification of functional groups, chemical classes, or chemical entities. Identification limits for chemical entities vary between 20 and 200 μg, polar compounds having higher sensitivities. Functional group identifications can be made with correspondingly smaller samples. A 5-fold increase in sensitivity was demonstrated using signal-averaging techniques.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: Monsanto Company, St. Louis, Missouri 63166
Publication date: January 1, 1975
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites