Windowless Low Temperature Unit for Use in Evacuated Spectrophotometers
Abstract:This article describes accessory apparatus to utilize the Beckman variable temperature unit without windows for obtaining low temperature spectra in the evacuated Perkin-Elmer FIS-3 far infrared spectrophotometer. The windowless feature of this low temperature unit allows spectra to be recorded without energy loss and interfering absorption that arise from windows in conventional low temperature units.
Document Type: Research Article
Affiliations: National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20014
Publication date: November 1, 1974
More about this publication?
- The Society publishes the internationally recognized, peer reviewed journal, Applied Spectroscopy, which is available both in print and online. Subscriptions are included with membership or can be purchased by institutional or corporate organizations. Abstracts may be viewed free of charge. Previously published as Bulletin (Society for Applied Spectroscopy)
- Editorial Board
- Information for Authors
- Submit a Paper
- Subscribe to this Title
- Membership Information
- Request copyrighted SAS materials
- Spectroscopic Nomenclature
- Focal Point (Open Access)
- ingentaconnect is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites